I've got my Indian visa in my hot little hand. It is shiny and stuck to my passport.
Bought a bunch of adorable hot-weather dresses and whatnot. (Indian standards of dressing are more modest then our own.) I am enjoying the twirling.
Otherwise, life is going about as it is going. I've finally graduated to "sorta kinda can cook" level. I made Chinese curry with five spice day before yesterday, and last night I made a lamb tagine that really did come out pretty delicious. I guess I will make a good wife to my Thai drug lord! (Not really.)
I give you money and send you into the grocery store to pick up 5 items. You can only pick one thing from the following departments.. what is it?
1. Produce: Pomegranates if they're available, fresh red grapes if not.
2. Bakery: Foccacia or pita bread.
3. Meat: Lamb shanks.
4. Frozen: I have an unhealthy love of Cederlane frozen enchiladas.
5. Other goods: Simply Sleep. Insomnia is unfortunate.
Let's say we're heading out for a weekend getaway. Not too cold, not too hot location. You're allowed to bring 6 articles of clothing with you, shoes are a given. So, what's in your bag?
1. Ridiculous high heels.
2. Cute flowy top.
3. Cute flowy dress.
5. I guess a pair of jeans blah. My nice red ones though.
6. Adorable jacket.
If I was to listen in on one of your conversations throughout the day, what 5 phrases or words would I be most likely to hear?
3. Oh balls
5. I'm cold.
Sweet, you just scored a whole afternoon to yourself. We're talking a 3 hour block with nobody around. What 5 activities might we find you doing?
1. Writing yet more restaurant reviews.
2. Surfing cryptozoology blogs.
3. Tracking down interesting recipes on the internet device.
4. Riding my bike by the river if the weather is good.
5. Drawing weird pictures.
We're going to the zoo. But, it looks like it could start storming, so it'll have to be a quick visit. What 3 exhibits do we have to get to?
1. Fossas. Unfortunately this only applies to San Diego.
2. Any big ugly (adorable) monitor lizard.
3. Spiders and insects.
You're hungry for ice cream. I'll give you a triple dipper ice cream cone. What 3 flavors can I pile on for ya?
1. Chai gelato.
2. Watermelon gelato.
3. Strawberry gelato (notice a theme no)
Somebody stole your purse/wallet…in order to get it back, you have to name 5 things you know are inside to claim it. So, what's in there?
1. Giant ugly wallet.
2. Chinese money.
3. Millions and millions of gum wrappers.
4. 10 different varieties of lip gloss and lipstick and lip shimmer and...
You are at a job fair, and asked what areas you are interested in pursuing a career in. Let's pretend you have every talent and ability to be whatever you wanted, so what 4 careers would be fun for you?
1. Travel journalist.
2. Adventure travel guide.
3. Naturalist somewhere weird.
4. Wife of a Thai drug lord (I will have two black panthers and drink ridiculously expensive wine. Also ride an elephant.)
If you could go back and talk to the old you, when you were in high school, and inform yourself of 4 things, what would you say?
1. You are actually as nerdy as you fear!
2. Try to leave Simon's Rock as soon as possible. But still go.
3. Boys are silly and extraneous to personal happiness.
4. You should really go get your eyebrows done. And goodness gracious, fix your hair. That color looks awful on you.
1. Are you younger than 19?
I am exactly 19.
2. Have you ever kissed someone whos name starts with a J?
3. How many bath robes do you own?
None. I like to flash-run people in a towel. Scandalous.
4. Favourite genres of music?
World/exotic, blues, bluegrass, folk, bebop jazz, classic cock rawk, folk, indie hip hop, etc. I pretty much like anything that doesn't involve synth or Madonna.
5. Do you like someone?
6. Do you have any disorders?
ADHD I guess. I don't take anything for it. I do pretty well.
7. Have you ever eaten uncooked ramen?
Yes. It's gross and dry. I think people only like it to prove they're cool or something, which mystifies me since far as I know there is nothing cool about uncooked ramen.
8. Ever eaten a bug?
On multiple occasions. I was a curious child.
9. What are you listening to right now?
My Neck My Back by Beenie Man. Dirty Hindi pop with badly written English lyrics about big asses. I kinda love it.
10. Is there a place you would like to visit?
Vietnam, Laos, Cairo, Morocco, Madagascar, Kazakhstan (really), Zanzibar, et all. I will be visiting India in less then two weeks so I guess that can wait.
11.What is your favorite kind of dog?
Salukis and other sight hounds, real-thing Tibetan Mastiffs, pit bulls, Australian Cattle Dogs, rough collies, Dobermans.
12. Which would you rather be, a pirate or a ninja?
A pirate. I like warm weather and I am very not stealthy. Also the outfits are cooler.
13. Have you ever fallen in front of a lot of people?
On more occasions then I can count.
14. Do you like winter?
Loathe it to the core of my being. I am deadly serious when I say that I am never living anywhere colder then Sacramento again. And Sacramento is pushing it.
15. Does your screen name have numbers in it?
No. I have a curious inability to recall numbers for more then a minute. Sort of like a goldfish.
16. Are you in a band?
Considering my total lack of musical talent, no.
18. What are you scared of?
Living a boring uninteresting life, being trapped in one place, dark murky water with things living in it that will grab my feet, somehow injuring/breaking my teeth. Not being fabulous.
19. How long have you had your myspace for?
Six years but I hate Myspace.
20. Favorite beverage?
Maker's Mark. But I harbor nostalgic love for Johnny Walker Black. And snappy Italian white wine is swell too!